Friday, December 9, 2011

when you feel like crying...

Today we went out to do some Christmas shopping for secret santa gifts, a small gift for Daddy for Christmas and to get ethan a new llama book and a nookbook card for andrew and I. When we made it to Barnes and Noble I was pleased to see they had a train table for ethan to play with while I was looking for a book that wasn't avaliable on nook.

I should have known this was going to cause trouble, but I didn't think too hard because it was making my shopping a bit easier. I let Ethan play for a bit, warned him he had two minutes until we were leaving and then said, "Ok, time to go get lunch!" (he was hungry and thirsty before we got there...). Total, epic, awful, otherworldly meltdown. He kicked, screamed, hit, pushed, ran away, cried, etc etc etc. In the middle of Barnes and Noble. Everyone started staring, glaring, sighing, rolling their eyes. I put down the things we had picked out (no way am I waiting in line) and we make our way to the car.

As I am trying to get ethan in his carseat (he's resisting something fierce) a woman comes to get in her car. She hears Ethan screaming, sees him kicking, looks right at me and ROLLS HER EYES! I am so mad. I've tried every method. I say i'm sorry to ethan, explain to him what he's feeling (Sad, upset, etc) and that I know it's hard to leave, but we have other things we need to do.

This woman is judging something she knows nothing about and I'm about to burst into tears. how dare she judge me! how dare she roll her eyes at my child! but you know what? oh well. I'm doing the best I can with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment